The Apeks XL4 is especially well-suited for the technical exploration diver who prefers cold water climates. Compact and lightweight, it helps reduce jaw fatigue during long, cold dives. Designed with an innovative, over-moulded endcap in conjunction with the environmental diaphragm that helps prevent ice build-up. The XL4 makes an ideal stage regulator and is also an excellent high-performance option for the technical exploration diver who is serious about maximizing functionality and minimizing weight.
- Breakthrough, innovative over-moulded first-stage endcap and environmental diaphragm help prevent ice build-up that can cause first stage free flow in extreme circumstances. Also protects the first stage from impact damage
- Large surface area heat exchanger diaphragm clamp helps increase the gas temperature inside the 1st stage, resulting in improved cold water performance
- Unique over-balanced diaphragm design—as the diver descends, the over-balancing feature allows the medium pressure gas in the hose to increase at a faster rate than ambient. This results in superior performance at depth
- Compact machined 1st stage based on the expedition tested Apeks DS4 platform.
- Compact and lightweight 2nd stage improves comfort and helps reduce jaw fatigue on long duration dives
- High-performance, pneumatically-balanced, lever-operated poppet valve
- Large, over-moulded, self-flushing and controllable purge button
- Ergonomic Venturi lever is easy to use and locate
- Flexible nylon braided hose has better cold water performance than traditional rubber hose
- Standard metallic hose connection for interchangeability
- Comfo-biteTM mouthpiece has a unique bridge that fits across the upper palate and does not require bite pressure to stay in place
- Re-useable mouthpiece clip makes it simple to change mouthpieces in the field
- Durable and flexible rubber exhaust tee provides excellent bubble diversion.
For XL4 Octopus;
- This octopus is based on the XL4 second stage
- Designed for coldwater with the performance you expect from an Apeks pneumatically balanced valve
- Diver adjustable venturi control
- Durable and flexible rubber exhaust tee
- The unit has a high visibility yellow accent pieces and a 36” braided yellow hose