Get the best scuba diving mask from Scuba Warehouse Singapore and enjoy your dive to the fullest!
The Best Scuba Diving Mask on the Market
A diving mask (also half mask, dive mask or scuba mask) is a diving equipment that allows divers, including scuba divers, free-divers, and snorkelers to see clearly underwater. Surface supplied divers usually use a full face mask or diving helmet, but in some systems the half mask is used.
Why Do You Need a Diving Mask?
When the human eye is in direct contact with water as opposed to air, its normal environment, light entering the eye is refracted by a different angle and the eye is unable to focus the light on the retina.
By providing an air space in front of the eyes, the eye is able to focus nearly normally. The shape of the air space in the mask slightly affects the ability to focus. Corrective lenses can be fitted to the inside surface of the viewport or contact lenses may be worn inside the mask to allow normal vision for people with focusing defects.
What Happens When a Scuba Diving Mask Is Worn?
Scuba diving masks have a special mechanism. When the diver descends, the ambient pressure rises, and it becomes necessary to equalise the pressure inside the mask with the external ambient pressure to avoid the barotrauma known as ‘mask squeeze’. This is done by allowing sufficient air to flow out through the nose into the mask to relieve the pressure difference. This requires the nose to be included in the airspace of the mask. Equalisation during ascent is automatic as excess air inside the mask easily leaks out past the seal.
Are You Looking for the Best Diving Mask?
Just like every other diving gear, diving masks are available on the market in a variety of shapes, sizes, colours, and brands. At times, choosing the best scuba mask can be daunting for divers who are buying one for the first time.
At Scuba Warehouse Singapore, scuba masks ranging from viewport shapes and internal volumes are available, and each design will generally fit some shapes of face better than others.
Here are some factors you should consider when shopping for a diving mask,
- The Cost: Scuba masks can cost in all ranges. While popular brands often price their masks higher than the rest, you may find cheaper options of those that are not so popular. However, if you are planning to invest money in a diving mask, it is always advisable to look for the quality before the price. At Scuba Warehouse Singapore, you can find a range of good-quality scuba masks at reasonable rates.
- The Fit: The fit is the most important factor you should consider when choosing a diving mask. The best scuba mask is what fits you the most. If your mask fits perfectly, it will provide you with a better seal preventing water from flooding in. Even though you can purchase masks online through our website, it is advisable to visit the store and try them on to reassure yourself if it fits..
- The Skirt Quality and Colour: A reliable seal around the edges of the rubber skirt is important to the correct function of the mask. The skirts are made of silicone and they prevent water flowing inside the mask. Most scuba masks come with clear, black, or white skirts. While clear skirts allow more light into the mask, black skirts reduce glare and distractions from the surrounding. White skirts are often picked as they look aesthetically pleasing in photographs underwater.
- The Number of Lenses: Diving masks come with single, double, and multiple lenses. Single masks offer a wider and uninterrupted view while double lens masks are low volume. Multiple lens masks offer the broadest view and the best light entry.
- The Volume: When it comes to the volume, it is preferred to go for a low-volume mask as it is easy to clear it up. With a low-volume mask, equalising is convenient as it does not trap much air inside.
Get the Best Diving Mask in Singapore!
Browse through our catalogue and choose from a wide range of high-end scuba masks to make your pick. Whichever scuba mask you need, Scuba Warehouse Singapore has them all!